Wednesday, September 14, 2011


In honor of my (almost) 1 year anniversary of the encounter with the knife, I thought I'd provide for you all what took place in my kitchen this year.

I was roasting a chicken with a metal-handled skillet in the 475 degree oven when all of a sudden the smoke detector went off. My kids were scared so I was running around opening windows and doors and fanning off the smoke detector. So much adrenaline was rushing through me after I took the chicken out of the oven that I forgot to grab a potholder for the handle before I placed it back in the oven. (The chicken wasn't burned, grease was just popping off of the chicken and smoking in the bottom of the oven.) All of that to say that I branded the side of my palm and roasted my pinkie and ring finger.

Moral of the story:
Stay away from Amy's kitchen in the month of September.


  1. Oh my gosh, AMY RENEE'!!! Aloe Vera gel. And if you know someone with a live plant, even better. Does it bring back memories of keeping your hand in ice water overnight after a run-in with Papa's lawn mower?

  2. Oh my goodness, OUCH! I'm so sorry!

  3. Oh no! So sorry about your burn.

  4. OWWWWIIEEEE! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know that's hurting so bad right now.

  5. Hello Amy, it's Ilene. I was just catching up on blogs.( It's kinda one of the only things I can do while I watch Josh sleep.) I read through your adoption updates. We are so excited for your whole family. We pray that the process continues to go well. We miss you all! Love from the Waltons