Sunday, November 6, 2011

Orphan Sunday

Today is Orphan Sunday.
On Orphan Sunday, Christians stand for the orphan. We are a people called to defend the fatherless…to care for the child that has no family…to visit orphans in their distress.

After watching this video I was overcome with sadness for the older orphans who knew their parents but no longer have them. It's so hard to not put my own children in their place in my mind. The grief and loss that my children would go through if they didn't have a mother, father, aunt, uncle, grandparent or close friend to care for them would be unimaginable.

I know that it's easy to say that we care but we just aren't the family to take them in. I hope that through our journey, other families see the need and take the step to open up their hearts to a child who just needs love and a home and to continue to grow their family through adoption.

This journey has certainly not been easy, but I can already tell that in the end the rewards will far outweigh the stressful times.

"Defend the cause of the fatherless..." Isaiah 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment